Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Lies Women Believe Part 2: What are the Lies We Believe?

(Eve's links: Women's Role in Society. CWLC Women' Conference Ormoc, 7 March 2020)

What are the lies we often believe?
These are just but a few statements that we can look at. There are so many lies that are being taught as truths. What we can do is to recognize which lies that we actually believe in.

Lies about God:
God is not real.
God is really not good (If God is good, why do these things happen to me.
God does not love me (di ako love ni Lord).
God is just like my father, God is cruel and a vengeful God.
If God is God, he should fix my problems / I should not have probelms because I believe in God.

Lies about Sin
No one is going to get hurt, no one is going to know.  
This is my truth, this is what I believe in.  
I was born this way, no one can change me.

Lies about ourselves
I am not worthy. I deserve this.
I have my rights. I am right.
I need to love myself more. Self care.
I deserve to be happy. Happiness is the key.

Lies about our lives
You only live once!
Seize the day! Carpe Diem!
Eat! Drink! Be Merry! For tomorrow we dies!
I need to do everything / achieve everything in my life.

Lies about Marriage / Relationships
And they lived happily ever after
You are my everything
My life is complete with you / I like me better when I am with you
I don’t feel like I love you anymore.

A lot of these statements are obviously outward lies. But people believe them. And some statements I wrote down here seems to sound like it's not a lie, it actually sounds right. Why would I call it a lie?

The problem is that we can't identify what is a lie and what is the truth if we do not have the foundation of the scriptures. For example, one of the most famous advice friends would give one another. "Go for it! Follow your heart!". But the Bible states that the heart is wicked! Genesis 6:5 says: "The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time." What makes "Follow your heart" become a good truthful advice?

"Now the best way to deliver poor souls from being deluded and destroyed by these messengers of Satan is, to discover them in their colours, that so, being known, poor souls may shun them, and fly from them as from hell itself."                  -  Thomas Brooks
Satan aims for us to believe all these lies by making them sound so good. We can start by looking at it and seeing it for what it is. The lie that will lead us away from God. 

Lies Women Believe Part 1: How Do Lies Work

Lies Women Believe Part 3: How to Deal with The Lies

Sources:

Thomas Brooks, Precious Remedies Against Satan’s Devices (Edinburgh, UK: Banner of Truth, 1997), 230.

Wolgemuth, Nancy DeMoss. Lies Women Believe/Lies Women Believe Study Guide- 2 book set. Moody Publishers. Kindle Edition. 

Wilson, Jared C.. The Gospel According to Satan. Thomas Nelson. Kindle Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment